SF6 Circuit Breaker
|SF6 circuit breaker|
|Constructional details of SF6 circuit breaker|
- Due to the superior quenching property of SF6 such circuit breaker have very short arcing time.
- Since the dielectric strength of SF6 gas is 2 to 3 times that of air, such breakers can interrupt much larger currents.
- The SF6 circuit breaker gives noiseless operation due to its closed gas circuit and no exhaust to atmosphere unlike air blast circuit breaker.
- The closed gas enclosure keep the interior dry so that there is no moisture problem.
- SF6 circuit breaker are costly due to high cost of SF6 gas.
- SF6 gas has to be reconditioned after every operation of the breaker. Hence additional equipment is required for this purpose.